Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

Bird Print--WARNING-Graphic description following image.

Bird print

I was walking to the stair well on my way home from work today and saw a funny imprint about 6 feet high on a large glass window. It resembled a butt print from a distance. I was curious how someone could have made it so high, then I thought it might be a face print. As I got closer I saw the image of a bird. Reminded me of the Shroud of Turin. I thought, how could someone make this? Then it hit me it was the imprint of a bird hitting the window. As proof, there should be a dead bird directly below. There was. The image is disturbing because it captures the last moment of the birds life--it looks to be giving it all to flare-out and stop.

Sorry if this bother anyone--it bothered me. Life is difficult. I'm going to suggest some additions to the window to prevent this in the future. Birds see the reflection of the sky on windows and just fly right into them. It's common.